Lifemark Health Group is pleased to partner with Neil Pearson and make Pain Care for Life available to those living in pain. Trained Lifemark clinicians are available to guide and motivate you through each step, helping you to manage your pain, move with more ease, and get back to life.
Lifemark Health Group
Lifemark Health Group (LHG) is a market leader in customized healthcare solutions. With over 20 years of service excellence, LHG is one of the largest, most trusted, and most comprehensive providers in Canada. As a national healthcare company, LHG has over 2500 highly-trained clinicians and medical experts in over 225 locations coast-to-coast, and continues to grow rapidly. With that growth is a vision to be the most innovative healthcare providers in community rehabilitation, workplace health and wellness and medical assessment services.
Lifemark Health Group was honored to be awarded the Employee Recommended Workplace award in 2019. With patient satisfaction ratings greater than 90%, and many clinics CARF accredited (an internationally recognized accreditation rating), patients and customers receive the highest level of care and outcomes for their rehabilitation needs.
PT, MSc(RHBS), BA-BPHE, C-IAYT, ERYT500
Neil Pearson is a Canadian leader in pain management, an Adjunct Professor at the University of British Columbia and an experienced physical therapist and yoga therapist. He is also an aspiring writer.
He is an engaging educator and a compassionate clinician, able to make the complex understandable, willing to share his knowledge and expertise in pain care and always eager to learn more.
His most influential mentors and teachers have been the people in pain he has served.
“I hope to be known as the guy who endeavours to shift the paradigms of pain, people in pain, and the role and effectiveness of self-care in the context of pain management.“
- Hired by the Doctors of British Columbia to develop and implement their post-licensure clinical pain management education
- Former Director of Pain BC
- Founding Chair of the Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division
Facultymember of the International Yoga Therapist training programs
- Creator of Life Is Now™ and the Pain Care Yoga workshops and training program
- Author of “Yoga Therapy” in the 2016 book Integrative Pain Management
- Author of Understand Pain, Live Well Again (2007)
- Creator of an online pain self-care curriculum
- Distinguished Alumni Award from Queen’s University (2015)
- Excellence in Interprofessional Pain Education from the Canadian Pain Society (2012)
- Award of Excellence for Clinical Contribution from the Physio Association of BC (2010)
Peer reviewed articles
Blinkenstaff, C, Pearson, N. Reconciling Movement and Exercise with Pain Neuroscience Education: a Case for Consistent Education. Physiotherapy Practice Review,32(5): 396-407 2016
Pearson, N. Know Pain. Yoga Therapy Today, Summer, 2013. 14-16.
Pearson N. Yoga and Chronic Low Back Pain. IJYT 2010, 20: 53-54.
Pearson, N. Yoga For People in Pain. IJYT 18; 77-86, 2008.
Pearson, ND, Walmsley, RP. Trial into the effects of repeated neck retractions in normal subjects. Spine 20: 1245, 1995.