Mindful breathing is powerful.
Listen to the short audio recording below—this is one of the most effective ways for you to change your nervous systems and decrease their sensitization. Becoming skilled at this technique is vital for pain relief, and so much more.
Your skill in calm breathing is important to recover ease of moment.
- Practice this 3 – 5 times each day.
- Start in your most comfortable positions.
- More practice sessions are better for learning.
- Expect to get better at this when you practice consistently.
Becoming more skillful may require 3 – 6 weeks. Do not be discouraged if it takes time for your pain to decrease—this is a skill that you can master. If your pain does change quickly, imagine how much more it will change when you practice consistently for six weeks.
1) Longer, Smoother, Softer Breathing Practice—practice consistently for 3 – 6 weeks for the really good changes to start.
Move on to STEP 3 when you are ready to practice a new technique.